Aug 13, 2010

Inspiration: Operation Beautiful

'm a big magazine reader, simply because I'm into fashion (although I'm not a trendsetter, and would rather blend in than stand out). That's definitely something that you guys didn't know about GAB. Anywho, I'm perusing through the September issue of Glamour Magazine when I come across an article that has inspired me. It is called Operation Beautiful, and it was started by Caitlin Boyle who battled with her weight and depression. Basically, she wrote a note to herself and to anyone else who might read it that said "You are beautiful"... simple and sweet :-) It helped her get through her roughest moments, and it serves as a spotlight for women and/or men who may be struggling with their appearance, have low self-esteem, or are simply having a bad day.

You can see below some of the notes that people are leaving across the world. I encourage everyone to join in on the movement. Grab a pad of Post-It notes and a sharpie marker, and start to grace everyone with your encouraging words!

Do it for you, for your coworker or boss, for your mother or sister, do it for your best friend or your worst enemy, do it for the young girl in school who "doesn't fit in", do it for the battered woman who can't leave an abusive relationship, do it for a stranger or a homeless person. The point is to do something that could be life changing, and join in on a positive revolution to encourage and inspire.

Here is the one I left in the women's bathroom at my job this morning!

10 comments:

Leigh said...

I read about this on another blog this past week, and I think it's a great idea! Kind of like pay it forward, only with encouraging words and post-it notes. :)

Nicole said...

Aww what a great idea~

jessalyn said...

i love this! i have seen it on a few blogs and think it is a great idea! i know it would so make my day to stumble across on of these!

Fickle Cattle said...

That's nice. People sometimes forget I think. :-)

http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

Lenora Morgan said...

Oh! This is such a sweet idea! Giving inspiring words to workmates can up their productivity. Success is about sharing it with other people. I love this concept. It makes me smile inside.

Unknown said...

Inspired and creative prototypes for challenges in your business.
small business inspiration

Gambar Baju Lebaran 2015 said...

Interesting story in fact and we have a lot to get from it. I was expecting for this type of post. Thanks for this brilliant addition. I hope you will provide next post soon.

Parfum Wanita Yang Wanginya Tahan Lama said...

I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I’m quite certain I will learn plenty of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

Model Plafon Ruang Tamu Kecil said...

Just wish to say your article is as amazing. The clarity on your submit is just great and that i could assume you are a professional on this subject. Well together with your permission allow me to snatch your feed to stay up to date with drawing close post. Thank you 1,000,000 and please carry on the gratifying work.

Karakteristik Budaya Politik Masyarakat Indonesia said...

I am really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the format to your blog. Is this a paid topic or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent high quality writing, it is rare to peer a nice weblog like this one these days..

Post a Comment

Love the GAB Life??? I'll Keep It Coming :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.