I like to call it 'Free Fun'... There are tons of places to look for this type of fun, and many ways to create free fun!
My biggest issue is being in a relationship with both of us being full time college students, paying for tuition and books. I won't lie, it is hard to find a deal for dates. And it's even harder trying to do fun things on a budget; you feel restricted! So here's a laundry list of things to try with your significant other or friends, your choice:
1. People in college towns- there is ALWAYS some type of function going on on campuses. Most of them are free and open to the public. Try an open mic night or karaoke bar.
2. Some cities have lawn movies. Just make sure to bring a comfy blanket and pillows, or lawn chairs. If you own a laptop or portable DVD player, you can create your own lawn movie at a local park with movies that you already own.
3. A lot of cities or towns are near bodies of water, both large and small. Take a walk along the water, or skip rocks across a river. If you're into fishing like me, invest in a fishing license.
4. The fall is here, which means winter is almost here. Check out a local cafe for free music by local artists/bands.
5. What girl doesn't love mani/pedi days??? My girls and I do this on a regular. We set aside an evening to have virgin daiquiris, watch chick flicks and do AMAZING pedicures! Don't forget the cute polishes that you can make using colors that you already own.
6. Free fun can actually put money in your pocket. If you have talent, enter into a talent show. In this case, you could win money and have fun!
Basically what I'm saying is that you don't need to spend an arm and a leg to have fun. In some cases, you don't have to spend much of anything. That money that you're saving could be used to treat yourself to something really nice down the road!
What are some other ways to have free fun? What type of activities go on in your area that are relatively inexpensive? I'd really like to know :-)
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry