Jan 25, 2010

Not the Way to Start My Day

For the past few months, I haven't really had a 'case of the Mondays'. You know, the day that your car won't start, you're late for work, you can't find your keys or your purse, etc. But today, some bad occurrences snuck up on me. Needless to say, I'm peeved off!

I set my alarm to wake up at 7am, being mindful of the fact that this is what I need to do in order to stay on top of my readings for class. I totally slept until 8am, at which time my boyfriend was supposed to wake up to make breakfast. Simple eggs and bacon. Of all the days that his alarm goes off at 8am, he decides to not hear it this morning and sleep until 930am. Obviously this left me with the daunting tasks of getting ready for work, making breakfast and attempting to read a little before I left for work. While in the bathroom, I'm washing my face and brushing my teeth and noticed that the water was not going down the drain. Instead, nasty particles were fizzing back up! So, I spent a few minutes trying to resolve the problem with absolutely no luck. I proceed to get dressed for the day: beigish/brown pencil skirt that I just purchased from H&M yesterday, brown tights and brown shoes, with a chocolate brown sweater over a crispy white collared button-up. I looked marvelous, with a tidy bun adorning the top of my head.


Found this online, thought it was funny, wanted to share!

Heading to the kitchen, I see that the clock is nearing 9am and I have 1 hour to make breakfast, eat and get to my desk at work. One pack of bacon, 2 tablespoons of butter and 9 eggs later, I'm done. My beautiful brand new skirt is now flecked with disgusting bacon grease to an unimaginable degree. Me, being brilliant at times/having brain farts at times, attempts to get the stains out with a soapy washcloth only to realize that while driving to work, the soapy water is drying and leaving rings on my skirt. Very noticeable rings might I add. I pull up to the gate at work, and my entrance badge is nowhere to be found! I then call my coworker to bring her badge outside for me, making myself 5 minutes late for work.

Notice that my only goal was to wake up and read. How did I manage to not read???

Either way, my kind and loving boyfriend brought my brown backup pants along with some body spray to rid my desk area and clothing of the pig aroma. Gross! Bless his heart :-)

So how has your Monday been so far?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love the GAB Life??? I'll Keep It Coming :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.