Feb 18, 2010

GAB Defined...

What is a GAB? How can you distinguish a GAB from just an ordinary chick? These are some of the common questions that are associated with the name of my blog. Let me explain...

In my opinion, I'm special. We all think very highly of ourselves, or at least try to. At one point or another in my life, I struggled with self-esteem, anger issues, stress, depression, anxiety. All of the above! What distinguished my problems from others' were the fact that all of these feelings were stemming from situations that were/are out of my control. So I had to come to the realization that I can't change other people, or circumstances that I didn't create. Knowing this, my entire mindset changed. I began to care more about myself and things that directly impact my life. I gained more control over my destiny, and all of my goals began to line up for me. Everything became very clear, and the steps needed to reach those goals are now in ink.

So why GAB? With everything that us women have to deal with on a regular basis, why not be all about your business? The name doesn't exclusively mean business, as in work. But school, relationships, finances, any element that directly affects your well-being. We have to be in control of things, we have to handle each situation in a unique manner, and a GAB knows how to do just that. She knows how to work the cards in her favor. She knows how and when to get things done. She pays the bills on time, and if she can't- she doesn't make excuses for it. She goes to work eager to learn and to help. She volunteers her time. She helps others who are in need. She wakes up early and goes to bed late... you can sleep when you die. If she needs to catch the bus, she does it. If she needs to ask for a ride, she does that too.


When her car is running funny, she knows to check the oil. She knows of alternatives to making money. This GAB tutors as a means of making some extra dough. Even if it's just $20, it counts. I'm in a committed relationship, so that means helping the person that I love. If you want to be a part of someone elses life, you have to create the necessity for yourself to be in that persons life. I'm am one support-giving, loving machine. I enjoy every minute of it, knowing that when he calls- I am there and vice versa!

Simply put, a GAB is a girl who knows the path that she wants to take in life, and has a GPS to help her get to her destination. This can apply to guys as well- Guy About Business. We don't discriminate. If you're making moves for the betterment of your life, more power to you!

I want to know what makes you fabulous... what makes you a driven woman or man... what inspires you... what makes you a true GAB?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love the GAB Life??? I'll Keep It Coming :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.