Jun 14, 2010

Really Big Lifestyle Change!

So as most of you know, if you've been following along... I went apartment hunting on Friday, and literally found a place in less than an hour. I know that may sound weird, but I did my research before I actually went out. I had been calling places for about a week, getting quotes on apartments, distance from work, perks, amenities, etc. I found the perfect place, and since I'm going to be the only one living there I didn't have to worry about compromising for anyone else's needs :-) My boyfriend could be a tad bit picky somethings... I'm just saying!

Anywho, it has central air, a dishwasher, plenty of closet space... I have wayyyy too many clothes and shoes, and the bathroom isn't in the bedroom (which BTW has a nice sized walk-in closet :-) What girl doesn't love that?! Of course with me only being there for 3 months and then on the move again, I had to figure out what things I would be taking with me while being as minimal as possible yet making my first place feel like home. Therefore a little shopping was done to complete "the look"... an aerial rug for the living room, a nice coffee table, shower curtain and bathroom rug set, bedroom vanity, trash can, dishes, towels and general household items. I've spent so much money in Walmart this past week, it is absolutely ridiculous!

Needless to say, I am extremely excited about this new chapter in my life. Sad that I'm leaving things behind for a while, including my family, my wonderful boyfriend and my friends. Good thing I have Skype, a Blackberry and a car for those lonely nights :-) It will definitely be hard adjusting to making my own meals, being 100% responsible for myself, making sure my ENTIRE home is clean, getting to work on time, buying groceries, paying rent, car note, car insurance, cable/internet, electricity and gas bill, gas for my car... Ugh, that lists looks even uglier than I thought. Well, I'll be rolling with the punches that life throws at me and will be sure to keep you guys posted on the goings-ons in my renovated life :-)

But until I move in, I have a to-do list like none other... jury duty tomorrow, final exam coming up, first day of work on Thursday, Father's Day on Sunday, Going Away Dinner, andddddd actually packing <------ I do not look forward to this!

On the bright side, tomorrow is a new day for new opportunities and new lessons. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love the GAB Life??? I'll Keep It Coming :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.