Aug 7, 2009

GAB Rant: Illegal Procedure!

GAB Rant is where I'll rant and rave about minor and/or major occurrences that I experience around the office- or near the office, on a day-to-day basis! Enjoy :-)

Today, I arrive at work at 8:30a, my scheduled time. The other intern whom I share an office with, arrives 7 minutes after 9a, as usual! Seeing as to how he was hired as an accounting intern, yet has never taken an accounting course in his life, explains why there is rarely something for him to do when he comes in. So he sits and reads sports blogs and listens to sports radio the entire time he's here. A huge distraction to me, who's actually doing some work here!

Anywho, our supervisor asked him to make a check run around 9:35a to our partner site, which is about 3 miles away. I asked him if he could stop at McDonald's and grab me a sweet tea on his way back. No biggie!

An hour later I get a text saying that he 'ran home because he had a stomach ache'. Ok, I cut him some slack and figured he'd be in in another 20 minutes or so. NOOOOOO! Another hour goes by, no sweet tea & no intern. What the heck was he doing?

Our supervisor then asks ME for his cell number, after he'd been gone for nearly 3 hours with about $300k in company checks!

Seriously, who does that??? In my opinion, this is just taking advantage of your employer! Not to mention that through the program that we got the job, we're not even supposed to leave our worksite during the day! But I'm seriously trying to figure out intern Fax-Boy's (my friend coined him with this name!) malfunction!

1 comments:

Girl About Business said...

Thank you! I hope you're enjoying!

Post a Comment

Love the GAB Life??? I'll Keep It Coming :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.