Aug 20, 2009

Wise Decisions

For the past 6 or 7 months, I've been trying to convince my mother to go back to school. I felt that she needed to broaden her horizons and realize that there is more to life. Education is one of the best outlets for people, and I know she'd benefit from going to school.

She surprised me 2 weeks ago when she informed me that she'd applied to a local community college. I had already helped her with her financial aid application; the hard part was actually getting her to go and apply. Well, she was accepted into the Business Administration program and I am so happy for her!

Yesterday, she went to take her entrance exams and speak with a counselor. She even registered for classes! I'd been registered for my fall classes since March. However, I was shocked to see that the difference between my 9 credit hours at my university and her 9 credit hours at her community college is $3,753.69!!! That is a crazy amount of money to pay for school.

I didn't realize how ridiculously high college tuition really is! I am the first in my family to attend college, so I didn't have anyone to tell me the benefits of attending a 2-year college and transferring. I'm sure I wouldn't have nearly as much student loan debt as I have now. However, there are other things that you need to worry about like whether or not all of the credits will transfer. And I guess that makes up for the difference in cost... NOT!

EXPLAIN TO ME THE DIFFERENCE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love the GAB Life??? I'll Keep It Coming :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.