Aug 31, 2009

First Day; Chair Swinging Competition

Man, I've been waiting for this day for an entire month. The anxiety finally wore off last night, and I was able to get a great nights rest before my first day on the new job. Went to bed at 10:30p, woke at 6:40a; a nice 8 hours and it was much needed! I showered and got dressed, primped in the mirror, curled my hair to perfection and grabbed my lunch!

7:50a- the parking lot was already 90% full. Construction is being done in the staff parking lot, so everyone must park in the raggedy student parking lot. UGH! Not to mention I've heard stories of peoples' tires being stolen off of their cars in broad daylight. Anywho, I trekked across campus to my place of employment, and was amazed at the line for the financial aid office!

9:00a- a fight broke out. YES A FIGHT, AT A COLLEGE CAMPUS! There was a verbal/physical altercation between a group of guys about someone's girlfriend, and next thing you know fists and chairs are being swung at each other. OMGoodness! I couldn't believe what I was seeing... The things people do when they are well aware of their surroundings. That is definitely grounds for expulsion, but the culprits got away before campus security could get there! They were slow as molasses!


For the remainder of the day, I sat with my trainor, and was informed that I'd be replacing her once she left tomorrow. Right now, I'm in charge of the bus card program which is just a start. I also learned how to add holds to student accounts and process tuition payments.

The second part of my internship should be a little more interesting though. I'll be verifying/paying bills for the school, doing random audits of offices on campus, posting journal entries and such. I'm very excited for what's to come, and I know I'll gain tons of valuable experience!



Wanna ask me more questions?! Leave me a comment! I'll keep you posted!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love the GAB Life??? I'll Keep It Coming :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.