Jul 9, 2009

The Remainder of Today

Ok- so I get to the other location today, to be greeted by 10 new faces. ALL WOMEN! Who wouda thunk??? All executive directors and assistant directors of residential properties, all with designer purses and fancy-schmancy talk tucked up their sleeves. Don't get me wrong, they were all wonderful women to talk with today, ranging from the age of 23-65! I was definitely impressed. Some had been with the company for more than 20 years! Can you say longevity???

Anyway, to the point. So we sit in on a call/live tutorial of a software program that we all will be using to updates sites and whatnot. All very interesting stuff, I must admit! However, it became a bit daunting to sit through once the wireless internet started to act up. I'd say about 70 minutes were wasted trying to connect and reconnect to the internet, which kept closing out our session. It was definitely a nightmare! On top of that, we had to go through about 170 Powerpoint slides to conclude the two tutorial classes that we passed today. WOWWWW! It's a good thing that I got a great nights rest last night.

So.... the juice comes in here. While leaving the office after 5 hours of training, heading back to my regular work site, my supervisor asked me if I wanted to stay another semester with their company?! The company is very impressed with my work ethic, and would eventually like to hire me in I'm assuming. I mean, why else would they ask me to stay longer?

I told him that I'm highly interested because I do enjoy going to work, learning new things and interacting with new people. It's all in the preparation of becoming a better woman! So, why would I pass it up?

Here's why... I received an email once returning to work extending an offer for an interview with a local community college in their accounting department. Full-time work, full-time pay, if you know what I mean! I realized that there may be other internship offers throughout the summer, and that I can't jump on the first one to arise. I have to wait, and weigh my options. This is a first!

I'll see what happens... But basically, I had a wonderful day! Stick around for more of my adventures...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love the GAB Life??? I'll Keep It Coming :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.